Straight Security Ltd is an independent retail security company providing man guarding and security guarding services and offers a broad range of personable, effective and bespoke security services.
We are a business of talented, driven and passionate people who enjoy working with companies and individuals who hold the same values of people, passion, exciting future, and fresh thinking. We want to achieve the best possible standards. Our key standards are:
✓ World-Class service;
✓ Clear communication;
✓ Commercial awareness;
✓ Personal Integrity;
✓ Healthy Working strategies;
✓ Technical expertise;
✓ Quality procedures and management;
✓ Presentation & Image;
✓ Professional Attitude & skills.
Each client may be completely different from each other but we have a dedicated team to provide the same quality and consistency to all our clients and customers.
Straight Security Ltd Retail Security has many years of experience of working in retail/store environments. We have supplied our services to a large portfolio of retail properties and have long-running contracts with a number of retailers.
Our clients create a challenging role for our guards so we have trained our guards to deal with the complexities surrounding these sites. It is necessary for the guard to take a friendly approach and engage with their community but to stay alert and vigilant to danger at all times to safeguard the staff and customers.
Where we can operate:
|Supermarkets||Convenience Stores||Restaurants/Coffee Shops|
|Fashion Stores||Department Stores||Discount Stores|
|Factory Outlets||Fruit & Veg Warehouses||Early Openings & Late Closings|
|Vintage Stores||Electronic Stores||DIY Supplies|
Retail Security Officers
To monitor the quality and integrity of our service we ensure that all of our security officers:
- They are fully trained and vetted to PSRA standards.
- Cleared by the CID and issued with Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Complete Communication, Literacy & Numeracy tests
- Carry I.D Badges
- Wear full identifiable security uniforms
- Undergo a comprehensive training program.
We screen our retail security guards in accordance with PSRA and ensure their criminal history is in check with the CID. We believe in providing excellent customer service to our clients along with the best security service. We allocate a dedicated client manager who is wholly responsible for ensuring the highest level of service delivery on site.
In-store, a security operative should:
- Greet visitors to the premises in a friendly and courteous manner
- Act fairly and not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or beliefs, disability
- Carry out his/her duties in a professional and courteous manner
- Behave with personal integrity and understanding
- Use moderate language, which is not defamatory or abusive, when dealing with members of the public and colleagues
- Be fit for work and remain alert at all times and develop knowledge of local services and amenities appropriately
A Straight Retail Security Officer is responsible for:
- Guarding premises against unauthorized access, occupation, disorder or damage
- Guarding property against destruction, damage or theft
- Guarding people against assault or other injuries sustained by the unlawful conduct of others.
- Security Officers are now also considered to be a part of the wider police family, protecting people.
Retail Security officers may ask people to leave a client’s property if they:
- Have no right or reason to be there;
- Break criminal law;
- Breach site rules or conditions; or
- If their behavior becomes unacceptable.
Security officers act as private members of the public and have no legal or statutory right to search any person, vehicle or building without permission.
It is most important, therefore, that security officers actually obtain permission from a person they wish to search (beforehand). Searching for someone without necessary consent could result in:
- Criminal proceedings for assault being taken against the retail security officer;
- Civil action (compensation) being taken out against the security officer and/or the security company; and /or
- A criminal case against a person committing a crime failing, because the search that found the evidence was illegal as consent was not obtained.
Search records are to be completed by the security officer(s) conducting the search and should contain details such as:
|Day, Date and time of the search||Location of search||Details of the person searched|
|Details of vehicle / driver searched||Details of searching officer and any witness||Reason for search|
|Details of search refusal||Details of found anything during search||Any actions taken; and Signature|
Please feel free to get in touch to discuss your requirement further on 0711253727 / 0723579453